Sunday, November 30, 2008

Weekend

Well, the "long" weekend is almost over. (I worked a full day on Friday and gave S & T the afternoon off, so it really wasn't a long weekend for me).

Kyle came up for Thanksgiving which is always good. I know the time will come when he doesn't come home for a holiday and I think I'll be OK with that... but I think I still have a couple of years before I have to worry about that.

Thanksgiving dinner was at the brother-by-a-different-mother in-law's and we had a good time. They took care of 99% of the cooking, so that in itself was a treat. I did slave in the kitchen long enough to make a sweet potato casserole, which is oh so difficult. Kyle provided a tart & yummy key lime pie and a scrumptious blackberry cobbler. Main course was... turkey. I'm not a fan of the big white breasted fowl as I prefer dark meat. Mike had fried a turkey and I have to admit it was some of the best turkey I've had (sorry Mom). I don't know if it was because it was fried, that he had injected the breast meat with a marinade, or maybe a bit of both. Between the dinner and way too many desserts, needless to say I overate... a lot. The rest of the afternoon was spent watching the football game through the back of my eyelids.

As earlier stated Friday = Work. It was a fairly quiet day and although I didn't get as much done as I should have, it was still a productive day. And... I may have scored a couple of "nice boss" points by sending the girls home after I got back from lunch.

Saturday some of the Ouachita Team in Training guys met us at OCNP for an easy mountain bike ride (our first bike ride since Tucson). It was a nice, slow ride as we took the group for a tour of the trail. Some of the guys got a little too up close and personal with the trail, but that's to be expected of a mountain bike novice.

Kyle took of for Austin and the architecture studio Sunday morning and we went back to OCNP with some of the regular crew. The boys went off on their ride and I did mine. It was an another easy ride day, but not as easy as Saturday was either. Afterwards, Alan and I were both saying that we still feel sluggish. Guess we need a little more time to recover from the last couple of months.

Thanksgiving day and into the weekend is when we start getting ready for Christmas. No - not shopping... decorating. The tree goes up
Photobucket

and the house gets lit up
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments: