Saturday, November 15, 2008

6 hours of Erwin Park

6 hours on the bike is a long time. 6 hours riding a mountain bike with a high temperature of 52, a strong wind from the northwest and on a rooty trail can be miserable. Not that I'm whining or anything... ;~)

From 11:00am until 5:00pm I rode 7 laps for a total of 47.1 miles. I could have gone out for an 8th lap, but every once in a rare while I have a moment of lucidity so I decided that I would wait about 5 minutes before crossing the line and call it a day after 6 hours.

The good news is that although I'm sore & tired I still like my mountain bike!

Me & PJ (with Zoe jumping into the pic) before the race
Photobucket

Waiting to start
Photobucket

Oh, there's my bike!
Photobucket

Solo 48 hour crazy Shaun T at about 31 hours in
Photobucket

Oh yeah - Congrats to Kyle for completing the Tour das Hugel!!

1 comment:

Lagniappe said...

YOU are a freaking rockstar!!!
6 hours on a bike in those temps...
no way baby.
When I grow up I want to be a badass like you k?